Thursday, July 14, 2011

Days 111-125

Again, for the sake of catching up, I am going to speed through the remaining days. Obviously, I got home from Philly and moved to Atlanta during this time, so there were PLENTY of tears flowing. The worst day though was Thursday, June 30. I left Philly that day to head home for my very LAST day in Charlottesville. Josh had spent the day packing up our moving truck and we were heading to Atlanta the following morning. So when my train arrived in Charlottesville, I went straight to dinner with Josh and our closest Cville friends, Carrie & Mike. We had a wonderful evening, but I was dreading our goodbyes. Even Josh got choked up as we were leaving and both Carrie & Keri were a mess! But Mike put it perfectly when he said to me “Carrie & I really liked Charlottesville when we moved here, but meeting you & Josh made it home for us.”

Ditto Carrie & Mike. Ditto.

The rest of our moving week was crazy. I was exhausted. And usually the tears come quickly when I am tired, but the week went really well. I didn’t cry all that much. Maybe because we were so busy. Or maybe, now that our goodbyes were behind us, we were more relaxed and excited to begin our new adventure. Whatever the reason, Josh & I had an awesome first week in Atlanta together! We unpacked, drank beer on our new porch, and bought a new car! A momentous week for the Billigs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment