Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 130

I woke up tired on Tuesday after a late night with friends, but I was up and at ‘em early because I had to pack and hit the road for Charleston! I was so excited to get there and spend the week with Brittny doing wedding stuff with her!

I called my mom to check in once I got on the road and we ended up talking for an hour and a half…about lots of stuff. Mom had a serious chat with me about my last post and all my absurd fears. And we talked about all the things we hadn’t caught up on since she got home from Italy. It was awesome to talk to her for so long, but after 90 minutes of girl talk Mom needed to get work done & I needed to save my battery, so we said goodbye and I cranked up the radio and thought about how lucky I am- to have a home & a husband I miss every second I’m away, to have a best friend like Brittny who I couldn’t wait to see, and to have a mom like mine, who talks to me and gives me advice and trusts me with her own secrets and problems. I was smiling and crying all at once just thinking about how beautiful life is when you have amazing people to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment