Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 126

Alright! We’re all caught up. I hated to rush through such an emotional and sentimental time in my life, but I have got to tell y’all about today!! Oh. My. Gosh.

So, I’ve been trying out different running routes in my new neighborhood lately. I LOVE running here- our new home is FULL of adorable houses. They all have perfect lawns, with kids’ bicycles and luxury cars parked in the garages. Josh & I run by and daydream about living in one someday. Sigh.

Anyway, this morning I woke up early and decided to try out a new route. I was digging the run, feeling good and enjoying myself, and then BAM!!

I bit it, y’all.

And when I say I bit it, I mean I literally fell down and face planted into a patch of ivy. And not only did I face plant into a patch of ivy, but I did it on a super busy road during morning traffic. Once I realized my face was in a freaking bush, I tried to get up quickly and brush myself off, but unfortunately a few nice morning drivers felt the need to GET OUT OF THEIR CARS and check on me.

So embarrassing.

One such driver, a large redneck man in a construction van, also felt the need to yell back to the rest of the crowd “It’s okay y’all. She’s okay. She just wanted to sit down and take a rest for a minute, didn’t ya sweetheart?”

Mortifying.

I didn’t know what to do, so I just smiled, picked two leaves out of my teeth (seriously. TWO LEAVES were in my mouth) and awkwardly decided to keep running. I turned the corner (not really the way to my house, but I had to get out of the line of sight) and that’s when I realized that I really was hurt. My left knee was bleeding through my pants and my right knee was seriously burning. And my pride guys! My pride was majorly hurt! So what did I do? I cried. I kept running. But I also cried.  I did both until I reached my front door. Then I went straight for the phone & called my mom.
On the bright side, I'm absolutely positive I made about 30 people's drive to work A LOT funnier today. You're welcome Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment