Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 131

Ahhhh, what is better than a week in Charleston with your bestie? Well, I guess it would be a week in Charleston with your bestie doing WEDDING STUFF!!! I can’t think of anything I’d rather do then walk down the beach talking about wedding dresses, décor, first dances. It makes me a very happy girl. Therefore, I didn’t expect many, or ANY, tears while in Charleston.

But they came anyway.

I should have expected it, but I didn’t. I have no idea why or how I thought I was gonna get through seeing Brittny in her wedding dress for the first time without crying. At first, there was no hint of a tear. I was all business- looking at the length and discussing the alterations she needed done and asking her what kind of jewelry she wanted. But then- I just stood back and looked at for a second.

Really looked at her.

And I was overcome with emotion. She couldn’t stand still in that dress. She just swayed back and forth and her dress was rustling and she looked stunning.  

Seeing the people who mean the most to you in a truly happy place is the BEST. THING. EVER.

The pretty dress doesn’t hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment