Friday, May 20, 2011

Days 67 & 68

Well, I broke my dry spell on Tuesday. It wasn’t the major breakdown I am still waiting for, but it was more intense than normal considering I was crying over Glee. It was a good thing Josh was home, because I almost got up during the middle of the show to go in my bedroom and sob. I didn’t, because Josh already thinks I’m weird enough, so instead I sat on the couch and cried and cried. Josh didn’t bat an eye. But he sat with me. Which is really nice since he usually won’t even stay in the room when Glee is on.

On Wednesday my friend Ken Frank passed away. I got the message when I woke up Wednesday morning and I have to admit, I didn’t cry at first. Josh had gone by to visit Ken & Barbara Tuesday afternoon and he had warned me Ken was in bad shape. So when I got the news on Wednesday, part of me felt like this was for the best, that the Ken and Barbara I know wouldn’t want this life for Ken. Which I guess is true, but that evening when Josh got home and I was talking to him about it, I got really upset. Because if I’m being honest with myself and trying to rationalize what type of life Ken deserves, then I would say it is the life he had before the stroke. Ken didn’t deserve to die. It isn’t BETTER that he’s gone. And Barbara doesn’t deserve the hand she’s been dealt either. So the truth is- the whole thing sucks. It is sad and unfair and heartbreaking. I know I am just one of many crying over the loss of Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment