Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 70

 
I arrived to Portland on Thursday only to find out I didn’t have to actually work ‘til Saturday. So Friday was a free day for me. Or rather a day I could have been at home making plans to move, finishing school work for my class, and cuddling with my man.

But we won’t go there.

Anyway, I didn’t really take advantage of my day in Portland. I’m not good at venturing out on my own and seeing the sights. My friend, Ashley Taylor, is born to travel. In every city she visits for work she ends up going to concerts and sporting events and on hikes. She is always out and about soaking up every opportunity. She left Portland a day before me and her adventurous ghost was haunting me as I spent hours reading and facebooking in my room. I wish I could be more like her because sitting in one’s room all day pining away for home is depressing. And it’s not a good way to start a trip. So Friday wasn’t really a crying type of day, just more like a rainy, feeling sorry for myself day. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment