Friday, May 6, 2011

Days 54 & 55

So, I bet some of y’all are missing the days when all I cried about was Bethany Getting Married and The Kardashian Girls. I feel like all I talk about, think about, cry about lately is our job/living situation. And I’m afraid Wednesday & Thursday were no different. I’m sorry, but bear with me, because good news is on the horizon. I can feel it!!
So Josh had a big interview on Wednesday! And it went really well, but I don’t want to jinx anything and we’re just playing the waiting game right now anyway. More on this developing story later!
 So, on Wednesday evening my Dad called to hear about JB’s day and after filling him in on the good news Dad asked how I felt about it. And all I could squeeze out was a weak little “Um, I don’t know” before bursting into tears and talking in my high pitched crying voice about all my fears and worries. Dad usually doesn’t handle my crying episodes well (neither of my parents do actually. Mom gets kinda annoyed and Dad gets uncomfortable... and probably annoyed). However, he handled it all pretty well on Wednesday. He gave me good advice and my tears didn’t last long at all. Either he is getting better at handling his emotional daughter or I am drying up.

On Thursday I came to school and this is what my daily ‘Reminders from God’ said:
"Whenever trouble comes, think of all that you are thankful for. Your thankful heart and praise move mountains."
This made me feel better and tear up all at the same time. I am trying very hard to be thankful right now in regards to this whole thing. I mean, I am moving for my husband’s job. MY HUSBAND. The person I love. So instead of grumbling about moving I need to be thankful I have found a person worth moving for. But I find myself concentrating on all the details instead- like when will we move and where will we move and how will we know what neighborhood to live in and when will I find a job and what if it’s not close to the neighborhood we choose and AHHHHHHHHHHH! So it was a good reminder today, to be thankful. And it’s true. A thankful heart really can move mountains.
Now, if it could only pack and move all my STUFF…

No comments:

Post a Comment