Thursday, May 5, 2011

Days 52 & 53

Okay, so I was a total crybaby on Monday & Tuesday y’all. Well, pretty much in general lately, but especially on Monday and Tuesday. The reasons are kind of interconnected, starting with an off-handed comment Josh made while we were running Monday evening. He asked if I had plans for Tuesday while he was out of town and I mentioned possibly seeing my parents, to which he replied “You better…while you still can.” Since we were running, I kind of just nodded my head and agreed, but that comment knocked me off balance a little. And suddenly, I couldn’t think of anywhere I’d rather be than my mom and dad’s house. I NEEDED to go there Tuesday night.
Afterwards, I was in the shower (where I do all my thinking) and I started making these lists in my head, pros and cons of moving to (insert some far away city here).  I was trying to be rational about all this and it was working. Until I wiped all the steam off the mirror and caught my own eye in my reflection and I lost it. I put my head in my hands and cried. For a bunch of reasons and for no reason at all, I guess. Then I took three deep breaths, put my lotion on my face, and went out to text my mom about spending the night on Tuesday.
Which leads me to Tuesday. Unfortunately, I got in a fight with my mom after school, which sent me straight for my bedroom and the tissues instead of over to Staunton for a sleepover. I won’t get into details, but we are both stressed out girls right now, my mom & I. And sometimes these things just happen. Later, I was trying to shake it and just move on when I thought of something to add to my pros & cons list: No more fights with mom about driving over for the night. This thing is, I just don’t know which category to put that under…

No comments:

Post a Comment