Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 51

As a week full of interviews and anxiety approached, Josh & I decided to keep the Royal theme going and rent The King's Speech on Sunday. It lived up to all the hype and we both enjoyed it thoroughly. But it wasn’t the movie that made me cry on Sunday, it was something Josh said during the movie. It was the scene in which the Queen looks straight in the King’s eye before he makes his big speech and tells him he can do it, tells him he’ll be great. And right there, in the quiet of our own living room, my husband shouted “That’s my wife! My motivator!” It wasn’t just what he said that made me cry, but how he said it. It was like a little boy bragging to a room full of people, he said it so loud, so proud. It made me proud, too. Proud I could be that for him. Proud that is who I am, in his eyes. I just grinned up at him, blinked back my tears, and thought “He’s not the only one getting good at this marriage stuff.”

No comments:

Post a Comment