Sunday, May 1, 2011

Days 48, 49 & 50

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were totally MANIC. And not just in my head, but around the world. There were Royal Wedding festivities and deadly tornadoes, sunshine and black clouds, and, of course, laughter and tears.
I was all set to turn the TV on Thursday evening and cry over Michael Scott’s departure on The Office, but what I didn’t expect was to turn the TV on Thursday morning to such devastation in the South. I was completely shocked and saddened.  I cried and prayed, for those affected by the storms and for those who weren’t. I prayed that those who lost loved ones and homes and businesses find strength and peace as they cope. I prayed for those, like me, who sat on their cushy beds, warm & safe, to be thankful for all we have.
So I probably don’t have to say much about Friday. It was the ROYAL WEDDING DAY! I’m pretty sure no one needs an explanation for why I cried. As soon as I saw William & Harry sitting side by side in that car, I lost it. I’m glad I watched it the first time around by myself. It wasn’t pretty.
On Saturday my friends & I had a Royal Wedding party. We watched the wedding on DVR and ate lots of yummy brunch food and drank champagne. We gabbed over all the details and rumors we had heard about the wedding and debated over which prince was hotter. It was so fun and girly. No tears at all. Until someone asked about Josh’s job status. I just couldn’t help but cry. The stress of this job search and all the uncertainty in our life right now is overwhelming at times. I try to be strong in front of Josh because he feels so much stress as it is, but on Saturday I completely unloaded. And my friends did what all good friends do- they listened and sympathized and began to talk about their own hopes and struggles- how their husbands work too hard and how they hope to move here or there one day and have babies and homes and different lives. They reminded me that I’m not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment