Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 56

Okay, so I’m gonna have to switch things up a bit. I didn’t really cry much Friday and Saturday, so instead of blogging lame stories about movies that made me cry, I’m going to blog about crying episode #2 from Thursday and Sunday’s double feature.
Even though I posted on Thursday about how a thankful heart can move mountains, I also have to mention how healing a good confessional cry can be. For the past week or so I’ve been talking to friends, family members, and anyone who will listen about how stressful Josh’s job search has been, but I haven’t talked to JOSH about it. He has so much on his plate I felt that I shouldn’t burden him with all my fears and worries. But Thursday night we sat on the couch after dinner and I let it all spill out. My sadness at leaving my family, my worries about the when’s and where’s and how’s of it all. I just let it out. And Josh listened. He didn’t try to comfort me or make me laugh or roll his eyes at my tears, he just listened. And by the end of it I had gone through about 20 tissues and felt at least 20 pounds lighter. I haven’t cried about moving since.
I will blog about Sunday’s double crying feature soon! It's a doozy. And just a head's up, but this is my last week of student teaching. I've already cried several times and I am predicting Monday through Friday will be a lot of posts about how much I love my students and how I don't want to leave and how Monday will be the first Monday in 15 weeks that I won't spend with my amazing Monticello kids. Get ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment