Monday, March 14, 2011

Days 2 & 3


Day 2

Sex and the City makes me cry every time. It reminds me of my first week in Charleston in my very first “grown-up apartment”.  The cable company couldn’t come for like 7 business days, so my best friend, Flynn, drove me to Best Buy to help me pick out a DVD player.  We also bought Season One of Sex and the City, The Simple Life (with Paris and Nicole) and Breakfast at Tiffany’s. She brought over a bottle of Chardonnay to celebrate my move and we commenced to watching SATC on loop for a week. That DVD has disappeared over the years, but I still have that empty bottle of chardonnay on my bookshelf. It’s next to my very first corsage from 9th grade homecoming and a picture of my cat, Sugars.
Anyway, Carrie and her girlfriends always figure out a way to turn on the waterworks. Yesterday I watched Charlotte and Harry’s weddings; the one where everything goes wrong and, for some reason, Carrie is determined to master the art of the trapeze. I really can’t relate to anything in this episode, but it made me miss my Flynnie anyway, so I cried. Twice. But they were happy tears both times. Flynn has been my best friend for like 15 years and even though neither of us are anything like the girls who split that bottle of chardonnay all those years ago, she’s still my Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte all rolled into one.
And now I’m crying again…

Day 3

Keith Urban’s new song. It’s called Without You.

2 comments:

  1. Keri! I caught the last two episodes the other day on tv and of course, I cried. But it also made me miss you and remember our fun movie night in Denver. We all need to get together soon. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me cry too Keri! They were playing the finale in the bar the other night, where she finds her necklace in the lining of her purse in Paris, and Miranda gives Steve's mom a bath, and Charlotte and Harry find their baby, and then the scene at the end? waaah! I was crying into my Manhattan and they all thought I was nutso.

    Anyway, thanks for loaning me Flynnie! Please come visit us soon! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete