Friday, March 18, 2011

Days 4, 5, & 6

Tuesday- I only cried once. It was short and sweet and so my explanation will be the same. If you don’t understand the following, you need to reprioritize your life: Rachel Berry’s MVP Award acceptance speech after Regionals. sniff sniff.
Wednesday is much more complicated. Even more complicated is the fact that I cannot blog about that which made me cry. It involves someone else’s private life. And while I started this blog to be open and honest and reflective, I hope my readers (or is it READER?) will understand that out of respect I cannot air another’s private business. So let’s just say someone I love very much is facing some challenges right now. And one of the hardest things in life is to watch someone you love struggle without having the tools to help. And so, I spent Wednesday trying to listen when they needed listening to, commiserating when they needed commiserating with, and hugging when I didn’t know what else to do. And crying, of course. Lots of crying.
Thankfully, Thursday is an easy one. I was dry eyed yesterday, y’all. In the words of Paula Abdul, I was like a c-c-c-c-cold hearted ssssssnake. I mean I talked to some friends about the aforementioned issue without my eyes watering up at all! My husband received awesome news about a potential job and we danced and celebrated without even a single tear of joy appearing. My friend told me a HILARIOUS story involving braces and HEAD GEAR that made me laugh and laugh, but still not even the slightest tear. Until I came home. And Private Practice was on. A show I never watch, but for whatever reason that is where the remote stopped last night. So I watched and I cried. It was some awful story about a couple who couldn’t conceive. Those stories ALWAYS make me cry. I didn’t even watch the end, so I went to bed hoping that couple got a baby by 11 p.m. It is crazy how often I cry over fictional characters and their fictional problems, but I do. And last night, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment