Monday, March 28, 2011

Days 15 & 16

On Saturday Josh and I watched last week's episode of The Office; the one when Michael Scott proposes. It was the cutest, sweetest thing ever.
Sunday was an up and down day. I woke up crying after a dream about my Grandma G. We were buds, my Grandma G and I. In my dream she was just the way I remember her: long silky nightgown, stiff, hair sprayed hair, and perfectly shaped and painted nails. She was my Grandma. Except she was tiny. In real life Geraldine Wissman was a 5’10” smoker who loved 90210 and Melrose Place. She wasn’t tiny or delicate, but in my dream she was. We sat on the floor in my old house on Dam Town Road. I hugged her close and she asked me to tell her about Josh. It makes me cry now just thinking about it. I can’t wait for her to meet him one day.
The rest of my day was great. We worked out, went to church, cleaned the house, and spent the day with my parents. We watched basketball and gossiped and ate wings. A LOT of wings. But just when I was about to doze off my phone rang and I received horribly sad news about a dear friend. His brother died on Sunday. He was only 28 and a newlywed. It’s tragic. I have known this family for more than 20 years. This loss leaves our whole community grieving and I know there will be many more tears in the coming days and weeks. The Wade Family is in everyone’s thoughts and prayers right now. Rest in peace Timmy Wade.

No comments:

Post a Comment