Monday, March 21, 2011

Days 7 & 8

Friday was beautiful, but it didn’t start out so. I woke up early to make Indian food for my students. We are reading a book set in India right now and I wanted to teach them more about the culture. Friday was also my first day of dog sitting for the weekend, so I allowed extra time for puppy love and early a.m. walks. Of course, waking up early didn’t prevent me from being late to school. I arrived with about a zillion bags of stuff- Indian food, running clothes, lunch box, computer bag, purse, etcetera- but somehow managed to forget my school keys. I had parked on the side of the school so I could schlep in all my bags and hide my tardiness from the admins at the front, but you cannot get in that side door without KEYS! So before I could take a deep breath and calm myself down, two hot tears burned through my makeup and left streaks down my cheeks. I had to march all the way to the front door, juggling my many bags, pretending that a) I wasn’t late and b) that it’s normal to walk through school at 8:40 with a tearstained face. It was embarrassing. But I have to say as the day progressed it got better and better.
Saturday was also beautiful. I woke early to volunteer that morning, so I took a nap in our sunny living room and watched Bethany Getting Married. Later, Josh & I got ready and spent the afternoon at Blenheim Vineyards. We drank too much and talked about nothing important. It was lovely. We went by the grocery store and got steaks & peel and eat shrimp. We went home, cooked, and drank even more wine. We were in bed by 10. My phone rang shortly after. It was a call I’d been waiting for and it was worth the wait! I squealed the minute I saw my phone light up and starting crying the minute I said hello. I am DYING to tell you all about it and will soon.  More to come- I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment