Friday, March 25, 2011

Days 13 & 14


Thursday night I got home in time for Grey’s Anatomy. However, BYU & Florida State insisted on going into overtime, so I huffed and puffed while Josh watched the game. Yes, I could have gone into another room to watch, but I’d rather cuddle and complain. So I did and I was only able to catch the last 10 minutes of Grey’s. My Grandma Metje has Alzheimer’s, so for those of you who watched, you’ll understand why I cried, very hard, into our couch pillow during the last scene. For those of you who have or have had a relative suffer through Alzheimer’s than you don’t have to have watched to understand why I cry at any given moment thinking about my sweet grandma and her disease. Or even worse, my sweet grandpa and his role as caretaker. It’s feels like an impossible situation sometimes.

On to a much happier Friday! Finally, it’s out in the open and I can talk about my secret phone call from Saturday: One of my best friends, Brittny, is ENGAGED! Her very manly man took her out to Arizona for vacation where he proposed at an overlook at sunset. Sigh. He gave her a beautiful handcrafted ring and they spent the rest of vacation in private bliss. It is everything she deserves and I could not be happier for her. I also cannot WAIT to get my fanny down to Charleston and start planning her beach wedding. Today I wasted time in class to look at wedding stuff and gather ideas for Britt’s Big Day. I love, love, love looking at wedding photographer websites. These are the standards that always get me choked up: Father/Daughter moments, Mother/Daughter moments, and exit shots. I love seeing a bride and groom leaving their ceremony…it’s like a glimpse into happily ever after. Such promise. Such happiness. Such love.

1 comment:

  1. Loretta Devine is such an amazing actress. that scene tore me all the way apart.

    ReplyDelete