Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Days 32 & 33

I finally got to watch the Top Chef: All Stars finale on Tuesday. I love Richard Blais and I already knew he won, but I still cried when I saw him crying. He deserved it! Plus, he has a brand new little baby at home, so it makes the win that much sweeter for him and his family. Go Blaze!!!
Wednesday I had a momentary lapse in patience with Josh. I hate even typing about this because I sound so mean and selfish, but I couldn’t help it. You see, Josh is currently searching for jobs and this search has consumed our lives. It’s all Josh thinks about. Therefore, it’s all we talk about. We talk about potential companies, potential contacts, potential positions, potential everything. We type e-mails to Citadel and MUSC alumni. We proofread cover letters. We debate over whether Josh should delete or keep a certain word in his resume. I know this is all very important; it's my husband’s career and both our futures we are working on, but it is also exhausting. So today, when I was sitting at the kitchen table asking Josh if he wanted to go to a birthday party on Sunday and instead of answering me he responded with some comment about the job search, I just put my face in my hands and cried. Don’t get me wrong, I am 100% behind Josh as he navigates this stressful time in his career. And I pray all the time that God sends Josh in the direction he is meant to go and that he gives us the strength to trust in his plan, but sometimes I just want to FORGET about it. The unknown is stressful y’all! And today it got the best of me.
If you are the praying kind, send one up for Josh. We need all the help we can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment