Sunday, April 10, 2011

Days 26 & 27

I’m on Spring Break right now and had a marathon couch session on Wednesday. I cried at like every show I watched. I mean, I can’t even list them all right now and it wouldn’t be very interesting anyway. It was just one of those days.
Thursday I got in a fight with my husband. About his face. At the horse race over the weekend he got a very bad sunburn on his face. The blistery, oozy, gross kind. I kept suggesting all these things to make it better, but for some reason Josh NEVER wants to take my advice. And I take it personally. I can’t even remember what I suggested, but he said no thanks and I got mad. A little while later (when I had supposedly dropped the whole 'you never listen to me' issue) I asked him an unrelated question, which he answered, just not in a manner that I quite understood (it was a sports questions). So I got really mad and snapped at him. He looked over at me, hurt, and said “Why did you have to yell at me? I would never talk to you like that.” And he’s right, he wouldn’t. I felt so bad. So as soon as I opened my mouth to apologize, I started crying. People say being married is hard. I don’t agree, but being NICE to the person you are married to is sometimes a challenge. Josh has it down pat. I need more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment