Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 25

In this era of reality shows I have kind of cheated on my original reality series lately- TLC’s A Baby Story. I haven’t watched it in forever. In college it was on alllll the time. I always loved watching it, but on a superficial level. It was pure entertainment for me. The idea of actually becoming a mom and having a baby wasn’t really a consideration. Usually while watching I tried to figure out how in the world a woman could push out a baby in a bathtub while also trying to figure out if I should make an entire box of macaroni and cheese for dinner or an entire box of rice-a-roni for dinner.  Like I said, the idea of actual motherhood was far, far away.
But not now. Yesterday I watched A Baby Story for the first time in forever and I cried and cried. I mean motherhood isn’t imminent for me, but it’s definitely closer. I know WHO I am going to have a baby with now. I have a pretty good idea of WHAT my baby is going to look like (pug nose, round cheeks, dry skin, dark hair). And I (we) have so many hopes and dreams and fears for this little kid. So I sit there and watch these strangers bring a baby into the world and I can’t help but think of my future with Josh- as parents. Right now I am completely obsessed with being married and I am so happy with our life. We’re learning to be husband and wife and I’m glad we have this time together. But one day we’ll make our own baby story and I know it will be beautiful and wonderful and life changing.
 For now, I’m happy sitting on the couch watching someone else’s story. And crying, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment