Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 23

Sunday was a bummer for two reasons 1) the weekend was over, wah. And 2) we had to drive six hours home. Hung over. But neither of those things made me cry; it was leaving Josh’s friends that brought on the tears. I’ve discovered all kinds of wonderful surprises about marriage that no one prepared me for. One of those surprises is how much I care for ANYONE who cares for Josh. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “what’s yours is mine.” Josh’s friendships mean so much to him, but they’ve come to mean so much to me as well. This weekend we stayed with Josh’s friend Clem. Josh met Clem the summer before they started the Citadel and they've been close ever since. I love seeing Josh with his Citadel buddies. The way they roughhouse, reminisce, and laugh, it’s sweet. And even though there is NO WAY those boys love Josh more than I do, they have loved him longer. And for that, I hold a special place in my heart for friends like Clem. Time with them is so precious and special that I hate to see it end. I didn’t want to get in that car and head home today. I couldn’t help but cry. I’m just happy I held it together until we were driving away.

No comments:

Post a Comment