Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Days 77 & 78

Y’all!! It’s been so long! Things have been crazy lately. Josh & I spent last week in Atlanta and we found our new home! Our trip was exhausting, long, and HOT, but we survived and I only cried once the entire time. I have much to blog about, so I might as well pick up where I left off:

Day 77- After my meltdown Thursday night I woke up to my last day in Portland feeling lighter. Emotionally. I was tired and ready to go home, but I felt much more stable and strong. It was an easy and short day at work, so I got to spend the afternoon walking around Portland, eating good food, and reading my book. No tears were left to cry after the previous night. It was all good.

Day 78- Ahhh, time to go home! I woke up at 5 AM eager to get going. I checked in for my flight and realized I had been upgraded to 1st class and it was a wonderful way to start my day. I spent all morning in my cushy seat, eating a warm breakfast, and finishing Gone with the Wind.. It was lovely.  It’s always a long day traveling west to east, so I didn’t land until 7 pm in Charlottesville and I was tired. I don’t know how many of you have been to the Charlottesville airport, but the view is pretty amazing. So when I wheeled my suitcase out to my car and looked up to see those green, lush mountains in the distance I was overcome with emotion. I will miss this place. But the tears didn’t truly start till I lugged my suitcase into my car, got in, turned the key, and the thing wouldn’t start. It is currently sitting outside my house- dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment