Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Days 79, 80, & 81

Sunday was my only day home before leaving for Atlanta. I had planned on doing laundry, cleaning the house, and generally getting caught up on stuff. Instead, we woke up, worked out, and met my parents and some friends out at King’s Family Vineyards for some polo & wine. It was fun. And hot! We got home around 5 o’clock and ate an entire bag of chips. After, Josh lay down on the couch and I lay down completely on top of him and we slept for like 2 hours. We woke with that sweaty-nap feeling and we were kind of stuck together, but it was nice.  We ate more junk food & went to bed without doing a single chore or responsible thing. Heaven.

However, I had to pay for Sunday on Monday. I woke up with a tiny wine headache and A LOT on my To-Do-List. Somehow I got most of it done and Josh & I were on the road to ATL by 2 pm that day. I cried twice in the car that evening, but I really can’t discuss why. It has to do with some stuff Josh is going through and while I may be the Mouth of the South, Josh is much for conservative and private. He would kill me if I started airing HIS dirty laundry in addition to mine. So I’ll just say it was an emotional evening and I cried because I hate to see my husband hurting and I hate not knowing what to do to help.

We got started house hunting early Tuesday morning. Now, Josh and I were both prepared to deal with a lot of tears on this trip. I was tired, stressed, and PMS’ing. By lunch time on Tuesday we had looked at several awful places to live and Josh’s muffler started making a weird sound. We were sweaty and hungry and feeling intimidated by what Atlanta had to offer. So we were both quiet as we sat down for lunch. I felt close to tears and was beginning to resent Atlanta a little bit UNTIL I looked over at my husband and could see the strain and stress on his handsome face. I swallowed my tears right then & there and put my brave face on. I grabbed his hands and told him not to worry and jabbered on and on the entire lunch so he couldn’t find the time to be down or negative. And guess what y’all?!? We left that lunch and drove around the corner from the restaurant and found our new home! I had told Josh at lunch I had a premonition that we would come back to this restaurant one day laughing about how down in the dumps we had been on our first day in Atlanta. And I think I was right. We’ll be back often. There may be times we feel like we can conquer the world and there may be times we feel conquered by the world, but we’ll be there together, holding hands and supporting one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment