Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 88

So after a carefree Monday with only tears of laughter, I woke up Tuesday in a major funk. I spent the entire day in my pajamas, ignoring all the things I should have been doing, and watching three hours of The Bachelorette instead. Basically, I spent the day feeling sorry for myself. I’m not very proud of this, but I have a habit of being lazy, which usually leads to me feeling sorry for myself, which is no good for anyone. So by the time Josh got home from work, I was in a sorry state. I ended up picking a fight with him at Hallmark and was beginning to make him feel as miserable as I was. And then I received this message:

“I envy you & Josh. What a great adventure you two are having & will be having more. Your best friend by your side every step of the way. There will be a couple of low points but many more mountain tops. Always think past the moment and adjust.

Ah, the wise words of my Uncle David. Sent to me at the most perfect time. Think past the moment and adjust…was he reading my mind? Does he have a hidden camera in my house? How did he know I needed to hear exactly these words at exactly that moment? Whatever his methods, I instantly teared up when I read those words. But instead of giving into outright tears,  I put on my running shoes, asked Josh to take over dinner duty, and went for a long (HOT) run. Every time my foot pounded the pavement the words “adventure” and “adjust” went through my head. And by the time I walked back through our door, I was a sweaty, happy, adjusted girl. My Uncle David reminded me of something- I am facing an adventure. A lot of it is unknown- Will I like my new home? Where will I work? Will I make good friends? But the most important part of this adventure IS known and that is WHO I will be with. My husband. My best friend. And the reason I will always work to think past my moments and adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment