Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Days 92 & 93

Josh and I got all sorts of things done on Saturday. We had much to do because I leave to go out of town on Monday and when I return on Friday, Josh will have already left for D.C. for the U.S. Open. When he returns from D.C. I leave for a 10 day trip to Philly and when I get home from Philly we move to Georgia the very next day.

So- we had lots on our To-Do-List. We got it all done, came home and took late naps. We ate leftovers for dinner and watched True Grit. I loved the movie & I loved our last, quiet Saturday together at our first home as a married couple. I was content and cozy on the couch when all the sudden it hit me- that word again- LAST. It’s following me, y’all. Following me into tomorrow, when Josh & I will go to Staunton and spend the afternoon with my parents…for the LAST time before we move. The idea of not being able to hop in the car and spend the day in Staunton with my mom & dad was so depressing.  Almost crushing. I’ve been trying to be optimistic around my mom because I know she is sad to see us go, but I knew I wouldn’t be up for it tomorrow. And I was right. I tried to get all my tears out Saturday night, but they showed up again on Sunday. I’m crying right now just writing about it. Yes, I will see them again before I move. But Josh won’t be there. And yes, I will see them many, many, many times while I am living in Atlanta, but it won’t be the same. And there is nothing anyone can do about it…so I’m just gonna cry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment