Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 91

So life is getting pretty busy folks!! It has also seemed to insert a very ugly word into my vocabulary recently- LAST. With little time left in Charlottesville I’ve been faced with many of my ‘lasts’ as a C-ville resident. Today was my last Fridays After Five with Josh & friends. He was super tired from the concert on Thursday and kept telling me he wouldn’t be out long, but somewhere along the way he changed his tune because suddenly he was buying everyone shots and we found ourselves rapping in the cab on the way home at 2 in the mornin’. So my last Friday went out with a bang! I loved every minute of it.

Leading up to our night on the town was a little less fun and fancy free. I felt rushed and flustered as I got ready to go out and I couldn’t get that word out of my head- last, last, last. I was thinking it, but I couldn’t quite get my head around it. I just didn’t feel like myself. Wanna know what cured me? A few tears. I shed them in the bathroom while I was getting ready when I suddenly looked at myself in the mirror and said “I live in Atlanta.” I was just trying out the words and they sounded as wrong as I felt, so I cried. For just a minute. Then I put on my makeup and a smile and rocked my last Friday After Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment