Monday, August 8, 2011

Days 136-140

Ugh. Last week was a rough one y’all. My job search in Atlanta is not going so well. Even though I know it’s a down economy and I haven’t actually been  looking for very long and I need to keep a positive attitude, I just kind of crumbled last week. I don’t want to sit at home with nothing to do each day. I want to be busy and be around people and earn a paycheck and WORK! But it seems right now the only thing I have to work on is my patience. And my cover letter.

 I tried to blog several times last week about it, but everything I wrote ended up sounding so pathetic. I guess because I spent all of last week being pathetic. So instead of writing about every tear shed let’s just say last week involved a 48 hour period during which I didn’t leave the house, 1 entire caramel apple cake, and two nights crying myself to sleep while Josh rubbed my back.

Even though I lack a positive attitude at times, I do not lack an ability to discuss my feelings…at length. This came in handy last week, when I was finally so sick of myself that I decided to call someone for advice. I ended up calling lots of someones- my dad, my mother-in-law, Brittny, and my mom. And they all did their part to pick me back up.

Dad gave me rational advice, talking to me for almost an hour about where to look, who to speak with, and how to approach my search.

 My mother-in-law offered to take two days off of work to come down to Atlanta and take me shopping.

Brittny did what she does best- she listened.

And my mom said things only a mom can say, things about how I have a light that shines and how much she loves me, and then she gossiped with me about reality TV and celebrities until I felt much better.

And I did. I felt much better.

Now it’s back to the grind of applications and cover letters and references. But I’ve got my team on speed dial if I start to get down.

No comments:

Post a Comment